Monday, May 26, 2008

Village Day!

Since the interns arrived yesterday, we took them all over Puerta Plata, Tamarindo, Pancho Mateo, and Chichigua. I love going to the villages. I love how one child spots you and then in seconds there are children everywhere! I will miss the interaction between the people while walking through and sitting in their homes with them. It rain and stormed later in the day, but I was thankful since it cooled down.

Walking to Pancho...

A Dominican and Haitian together. This is a sweet picture if you knew the history between these people...

A laughing boy

Let the little children come!

Why is there a limo stopping by a roadside fruit stand...must enjoy the simple things in life...


We had an all staff dinner of spinach and chicken enchiladas with colorful salsa, topped off by frickin' bars...which got their name because they are frickin' awesome. After dinner we sat around and sang praises to our Savior and Perfector of our faith. I have decided that nothing causes my heart to fill more than to worship our God, focus on Him completely, and to do this with others who understand and love the Lord as well.

I can't believe how close I have grown to the staff here. I woke up sad this morning that I only have 3 short days left. The interns are a lot of fun and I am excited for them to have a life changing summer. Everyone is just so great, it's like a little family here...well a family of about 22 people now.

Tonight we sang "Hosanna" which is one of my most favorite songs. I will leave you with the words that I prayed before I left, during my trip, as I leave and for the rest of my life...

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me

Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from Earth into eternity

1 comment:

"IGNITE THE FLAME" said...

okay... twin daughters of different mothers, some 20 years apart? I think not, just sisters in Christ! love the song too... and uhh is that burn on the right leg? yea... me to, probably at the same age you are now! praying for your safe travels home, and for imparting your joy there in the next days!