Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FINALLY the kids!

Today was a great day. Some of the kids remembered me from November, but even those that didn't simply ran up and jumped into my lap or arms. They hug so tight! I am still sunburned, but this was not going to stop me from the hugs and kisses I had been saving up for months. It was so incredibly good to see them! Forgive Nefii for her lopsided "H" of the O-H-I-O. They don't have long attention spans and this was the second time trying to get the picture.

My job description here is to "heal all the children." I laughed and apologized for the impending disappointment. Within 15 minutes I was put to work. A little girl had stitches removed a few days ago but the area was full of dirt, so I just did the usual scrub with soap and water and redressed the wound. Next was a little boy with swollen glands, cough, complaining of dental pain and basically looked really uncomfortable. I gave him some motrin and good for him that we just had a dentist arrive today that can look at him tomorrow. This is Cara looking in every childs mouth to see who is getting their teeth pulled out of their noggin.
A little girl just getting over chicken pox but had developed discoloration and rash to only her lower legs.


This is a little guy with a funky fungus all over his head.

Overall, it was a good day and I can see where I have my work cut out for me. I feel so blessed to be here and loving on kids like Christ loves on me. Tomorrow I will try and post the kids singing/yelling...it's quite funny.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Laura,

you have an amazing ability of writing. I feel like I am there when I read your words. I love you and miss you. Keep up the good work.

Melissa