Saturday, May 24, 2008

27 Waterfalls? Yes, Please!

A little known fact about me is that I am a little bit of an adrenaline junkie. I love skydiving, white water rafting, repelling, and hiking when I get the chance. So, when Kara and I decided to go to jump some waterfalls...I was all for it! All these things should be done atleast once in your life.

Ok, so first I have to get shoes...I rent the water shoes that they have which basically look like black plastic/rubbery loafers. The little boy put them on for me, I felt like Cinderella...minus the love of my life. Next, we met our tour guide...La Maquina...which translates to "The Machine". I now know why. The guy is huge and has guns! These large biceps and triceps saved my life today! He makes sure you don't fall...which is important. This excursion is not for the faint of heart. There is serious climbing, jumping, walking, sliding and hiking up a mountain at a 60 degree angle.

Literally, this man pulls you up the waterfall! It was awesome! The water is clear and cold! And seeing how it is always a billion degrees here, it felt like a little piece of heaven. It was amazing to swim around and enjoy the scenery. Kara, who is a little afraid of heights, did an awesome job. We jumped every fall we had the opportunity too...the highest being about 30 feet...I am guessing. I know one was 22ft and there was one higher. I remember thinking after I jumped, "Um, I've been in the air for a while. Kara is getting closer, but I am not in the water yet!" Some of my favorite parts were the rock slides. The rocks are smooth and you slide down and it drops off like 10ft...there were about 4-5. Loved them! It was just the three of us, Tarzan and two Jane's. It was nice, quiet, peaceful, and nail biting at some points. Our guide was a beast! He crawled up the crevasse like spiderman...a good 15ft if not more. He swims like a fish too! He would jump way after us and then in two seconds, he would be way far in front of me. Here is a picture of The Machine...



You can watch video's of the 27 Waterfalls on youtube and I recommend you do so. It's beautiful.

1 comment:

"IGNITE THE FLAME" said...

It's official... I'm green... yep green as the little jealous monster! The highlight of my day... my nephew making me do sit ups and leg lifts! trying to keep the "ole lady going" well... then maybe I can jump waterfalls. See ya, going to youtube to check it out!