Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gringo Day!

It was a very American day today. I had pancakes and eggs for breakfast. I talked to my family via Skype, so it was like I was there. We took the twins to the store to pick up some very American foods such as oreo's, lay's, and coca lite (Diet Coke). The boys did awesome and loved looking around the store. A little later I ended up getting my first Moto burn...I'm an idiot. How many times have I gotten on and off a moto or my Dad's motorcycle and never even come close? I heard the sizzle of flesh in my head and pulled back quickly. However, it still got me and I have a couple blisters. It looks and feels way better than I thought it would. It only stung for an hour or two, now I forget it's there. Praise God! Here's what it looks like now and hoping that it doesn't look worse by morning.Tonight was Gringo Night. We had some other gringo's over to hang out. We ate hamburgers, cheetos, sunchips, pasta salad and bread! It was wonderful and everyone had fun playing apples to apples and catch phrase. The two haitians you see are the two children that live with Rachel.Alright, it's now 9pm and dark and I am tired...I'm going to watch a couple episodes of The Office and call it a night.

No comments: