Monday, May 19, 2008

Surroundings...

Here's a little taste of what life looks like down here...








This is actually the best looking dog of all the mangy mutts down here






And no lie, I watched a man not only go down the road in a horse and buggy with motos and cars, but he also parallel parked the horse with the buggy attached. I must say, that's the first time I have seen that.

Sharla, Shara and I went for a run/walk on the Malacon (Sea walk) where we met two boys who live in a poor poor area. They were there collecting trash that they can use as toys for the other kids in their neighborhood. One of the little boys eyes look awful. We rode with them to their house full of 10 kids. We decided that Shara and I are going back in the morning to take the little boy to the doctor. It's probably something very easy to fix. His eyes are a weird irritated color, but not red, sometimes itch, but hurt all the time and give him headaches. I would assume that it was just sand in his eye, but he has it ALL the time and his brother does too...interesting, hopefully we figure something out tomorrow.







No comments: