Sunday, January 31, 2010

Humbled on the Homefront...

This whole experience has humbled me in a lot of ways. We said from the beginning, we didn't want to be at ground zero and we would be happy out on the fringes. God put us there and it was such a blessing to serve. Had we been near the center of it all, I may not have gotten to know and serve my pt's as much, I wouldn't have been able to witness God working the exact way He did before my very eyes in Jimani, I wouldn't have had to learn to trust for His guidence in such a practical way.

We all have roles in life and I am no different from you. If you were given the skills God gave me and then gave you an opportunity to go...you would do it. I'm not special. I just had the honor of being obedient. You were obedient in your own way. On the first post about this trip the day before I left, I mentioned that I had bought $500 in medical supplies that I honestly didn't have money for. By the time I got home, $300 of it was paid for...two days later it all was paid for...and then tonight at church...someone handed me money and told me to use it however I saw fit. I promised that anything over the $500 would go in a check straight to Makarios and that is exactly where it is headed tomorrow. I met most of the givers at Passion 2010 as I served with them, I serve with one at church, and another is from a house church back home...many of whom do not know me. That is obedience. And I am so humbled. The fact that people would A) ask how they could help was amazing B) Actually follow through and give money blew me away and C) to someone they had just met or never met. Bride of Christ...you are generous! You gave with your heart, you gave with your time (PRAYER, messages, texts, calls, posts) and you gave with your resources. I cannot thank you enough! Those that have clean wounds cannot thank you enough...and may grasp how high and how wide and how deep is the love of Christ! I can say truthfully that the Church was represented well. I have never been so proud to be a part of it! I pray our words and our actions, not only reflected Jesus, but that it also stirred those around us that do not know him. The only difference between what we were doing and what humanitarians do is Jesus...but what a difference one man makes.

The Dominicans say "gracias", the Haitians say "Merci", this American says "thanks", but this Believer says "To God be all glory and honor and praise, I serve You as I serve others, I count it a blessing and privilege and thank you for the opportunity and for making it possible through your people."

1 comment:

Beccy said...

I am so glad you were able to go. Prayed for you the whole time. I told my mom I knew someone going, and then she asked what your name was. Her church had you on their prayer lists and my mom was praying, too. Thanks for being obedient. :o) Love from NE.