Saturday, November 1, 2008

So Long Philly!



As hard as it is to believe, three months have already gone by and my assignment in Philadelphia is done. My last night at work started out terrible, including cleaning up vomit from a four year old while The Philly's won the World Series...the exact moment actually. But then my co-workers threw me a HUGE carry in with a ton of very good food. We were all stuffed! I will certainly miss them. I met some very funny and wonderful people. I hope to keep in touch with them and will miss the way they say things...beacause it's usually entertaining.

I learned a ton in Philly. A lot about myself, what I am able to handle and how good God is to lead you through and give you the strength that you need to stand up, or keep your mouth shut. I know I am a better nurse for working at St. Chris, and I hope to take those skills with me to Scottish Rite.

I am ready to move on and Atlanta is the next stop, but not before returning to the DR! We leave Tuesday! Please pray for safety as 1)we leave on election day...yay...my vote is already in 2) There are 14 of us going, double the size last year 3)Housing and school schedule have changed a little bit. I know that it is all in the Lord's hands and I cannot wait to see ALL that He is going to do. It's going to be so great to see the staff, the kids, and all that God has done in the six months since I have been gone.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Laura,

I miss you and love you. Hope you are having a great time in DR. Tell Lynn and Darren and the rest I said hi and send my love. Hug those kiddos tight!

Love,
Melissa