Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Georgia On My Mind

Ok, so arrived safely in Atlanta with an uneventful trip down. I haven't done much of anything out on the town yet, except for grocery shopping, but even that was enjoyable. This is just a very convienient city. Everything is just around the corner or right up the road. And so far, as long as I avoid the highways, the traffic hasn't been unbearable. I started orientation today and already feel like I am going to love it here. I am preparing to be a little overwhemled next week when I start on the unit. It's twice the size of what I am used to, but they have amazing resources here. There are two other travelers in orientation right now and we've had a good time talking about past assignments and homes. Below are pictures of my apartment. Keep in mind, I took these tonight, so in your head add a TON of sunlight and a balcony on the 7th floor! I can't wait for a warm day so I can open my balcony doors from both my living room and bedroom, drink a cup of coffee and relax. Also looking forward to going to Buckhead Church this weekend! I am so excited to find a Bible preaching/teaching church so quickly. They're much harder to find than I thought they would be. I'll let you know how it goes! Here's my bedroom looking into the bathroom

The bathroom with two huge closets

Looking at the living room into the kitchen

The kitchen...with a WASHER AND DRYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing at my front door

2 comments:

"IGNITE THE FLAME" said...

Oh my it is amazing how seeing the pics of the apartments and hearing the stories bring back so many fun memories, and it makes me want to "sign up" again!! looking forward to hearing stories about the busy ER!

Laura said...

well then sign up again and come traveling with me!