Monday, October 13, 2008

I think I'll go to Boston...

What a great weekend! On Thursday I picked up Laurin and Camille from the airport. If they sound familiar, it's because they were on staff with Makarios while I was in the DR. We walked around downtown Philly for a bit and then met up with Kara for a dinner outside on the sidewalk of a cute Italian place. After we picked up some ice cream (for them) and milano cookies (for me) and went back to my place to watch The Office. I had to go into work at eleven, so I didn't see them long but it was so good to catch up and see how life was going for everyone now that they are back in the States.

The next day I headed out with a friend to Boston. Apparently everyone wanted to join us b/c our 6 hour drive turned into 9. We got to the hotel at 11 and went to bed knowing we had a big day up next. She and I both slept terribly, but not to be discouraged, we drove downtown and found our way around via a hop on hop off trolley...I feel like I am a pro with them now since this is the third I have taken. But it's a GREAT way to see the city cheaply and seeing only what you feel like taking the time to see. We saw everything from Paul Revere's house, the church he got the signal from, the graves of many famous patriots and the 5 killed in the Boston Massacre, Boston Massacre site, Boston Commons and of course Cheers.

Boston is a very cute city and I could see myself going back there with no problem. I have decided since I have always believed I was meant for and wanted a husband with an accent; the accent can be Australian, Scottish, Irish, British or Bostonian. I could have just listened to conversation all day! And the people are really nice! I was expecting to be treated like I was in New York, but I was wrong.

USS Constitution, nicknamed "Old Ironsides"

Big wig of Maritime's house

Part of Boston Commons...a BEAUTIFUL park


Boston's Old State House

Where everybody knows your name...and yes, we ate lunch there with the whole gang

On Sunday we went to Salem, MA home of the Salem Witch Trials and a very cute little town. Both Boston and Salem have the small town, cute atmosphere of Cedarville and Yellow Springs only a little bigger and a lot older...making it even more fun to be in. Below in the Witch House...really it's just the home that one of the judges and his family lived in while in Salem. It does look creepy though doesn't it? And yes, all the leaves are changing and I was so in awe of God's creation and what an artist HE is.

We were there during a festival, so it's busier than normal, but you can still see the cuteness of it.

In other news...I was offered a position at Scottish Rite, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta in Atlanta, GA. I quickly accepted it as I hear Atlanta is a cool place to live and it puts me closer to my brother and his family, one of my best friends in Raleigh and is the same distance from my parents in Dayton. I start November 19 and end on Feb. 14 (AKA Single Awareness Day). This is what I get for stating back in May, "I would never live in Atlanta!" well look at me now! Actually I am VERY excited about it! Maybe I should take erase my comment about a husband with an accent! Ha HA! For all you thinking..."I thought she was going out west after Philadelphia." I still am, I just wanted to be close to home for the holidays...this will be the first in Ohio with Emma...pray for snow so I can take her out on a sled! =)

1 comment:

"IGNITE THE FLAME" said...

Cool pics... thanks for sharing... and yes watch those "never statements" and the "big guy" is listening, mmm wonder what accent you will learn in Atlanta??? my friend did an assignment there while I was in Durham and we had fun! (of course that was a while ago!!)